Friday, July 10, 2009

Baby Steps

I'm sitting in the Dubai airport surrounded by people who might nor might know the Lord -- their everywhere. Do they love GOD? The One True Singular GOD? Oh but I feel His love for them. People clothed in gowns, robes, head dresses - with beautiful dark skinned complexions. But do they have His light in their eyes? It's just a wondering I have in my heart and mind - almost everywhere I go. Do they know HIM? I hope they do, or will, or can someday -- before they leave this temporary home.

Leaving home this morning - or yesterday morning (time is confusing when flying to the other side of the world) was hard -- it's never easy to leave the comfort and peace of our spot on Mockingbird Rd. But God is making it all completely ok. His blessings are felt and His favor is walking ahead of us. Thank you Lord.
I will often here people say -- I wish I could hear God speak to me -- the way you say He speaks to you. Well -- here's a way God spoke today (or yesterday actually) to Maggie and I as we had just walked away from Steve and Pete at the Atlanta airport. We walked into the security screening area and blew one last kiss to them. Those moments are just difficult. Obeying the call - yes -- stinging from the sacrifice of comfort and loving arms for the next 30 days - in honesty - yes. I will not be pretentious -- but honest to the bone.
So anyway -- the tears came -- and we walked on to the security checkpoint. As we walked up to the counter to pull out our laptops, take off our shoes, and send everything through the screening cameras --- the grey tub that was ours to use --- held two shiny pennies. Some might miss His voice in those pennies -- but Maggie and I both heard Him. Maggie spoke, "Mom there He is - and what is He saying?" I tearfully replied, "He's saying 'In God we Trust', twice - once for each of us".
Thank you God!
We hear you speaking even as I sit in this airport typing to those I love and who love me on this earth. YOU --- GOD OF THE UNIVERSE cared enough about these two daughters of yours to remind us in a silent penny face ---- "trust me -- I love you -- I'm right here -- remember who has called you -- who is able -- and who is carrying you --- trust me -- live it -- show it --- it's ok if you are tearful -- I will speak to you even in your tears -- and I will walk with you making you strong for the tasks that I will bring before you".

Yes -- all that -- that's what I hear my precious, powerful, gentle, majestic Father say to me --- as I hold the two pennies He used to gently remind.

And so part of the journey --- is taking the steps He places in front of me --- and eagerly looking for Him and watching, listening, seeking for how, where, when He will speak again. It's what makes the journey so beautiful.
I'd rather hear Him in a simple penny - than not hear Him in a lavish palace...

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister, amen! Lots of precious people praying for you. Some you don't know but sisters anyway! Writing your name and Maggie's name down...reminding themselves...lifting you up! As for me, no reminder is needed. You are being lifted up ... love you both so much!
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mrs. Taylor, thank you so much for sharing this story of Him speaking through the pennies- picturing this in my mind paints such a clear image of His love and comforting arms. What a blessing it is to know that we an run to Him when we are weak and He never fails to shine through. Love you and I have truly enjoyed reading your blog entries. Continuing to pray and miss you guys, but there is also such a great peace, because I know you guys are never alone.

    ReplyDelete