Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ready - Set - ...

Waiting on the "go".
It's just one week away - the beginning of the next portion of the journey. There is much to still be done before we're ready to go, but even the preparing is part of the trip.
I'm not completely "excited" - I don't like being away from Steve and home (unless of course he is with me), but I'm learning everyday, every week, every month, every year --- it's really not about what I "like". That's a huge part of the journey --- if I'm going to travel well and be worth much at the end of the trip, not just this trip -- but the over-all trip, the "life" trip.
I love the comfort of home, the routine of a pleasant day, the sureness of my coffee, my quiet time, my safe haven, my pets, hearing the voices of the ones I love most deeply sifting through the walls and halls of our peaceful home. And yet - in my journey so far - I have come to realize all these wonderful gifts come from the wonderful giver - my Father. So as this loving Father cares for me in so many good ways - I've come to embrace the fact - that I want to give back - I want to pursue what He wants - I want to journey for Him, with Him, and towards Him. And journeying is not synonymous with sitting is it? There is movement, change, progression in the act of journeying.
My journey is not perfect, nor do I expect it to become so. But it is real, sincere, and consuming. I've come to know completely - that I am not able to plan the way. My maps will not get me to where I someday hope to arrive. Only God holds the maps - and He's not letting me sneak a peek.
So in seeking Him, and obediently responding to His guidance, I find that the journey is underway. Without map in hand -- but with my hand in His. He's patient, he will allow me to mess up - and He covers it all with His amazing Grace. How sweet it really does sound.

I'm sincere about my journey, patient with other travelers (most of the time), and intent on my goal.
I know for sure my journey will bring me to Heaven's door. Thank you Christ for your gift of salvation. I know my Father will be patient with me as I travel through this journey called "life". The part that remains in question, is "how" will I journey each day. Will I love well, live gently towards others, light the way for those stuck in darkness, and laugh enough? Will I hear those most precious words from the most precious One at the end of the journey? It's what I live for now. I live each day for what will be then, after this, at journey's end.
When I finally see His face, and hear Him say...

I'll be journaling about my journey. You're welcome to share the walks with me. But don't expect much from me --- instead --- let's together place our hopes in HIM. Maybe you'll see Him in the grandness of the journey or in the grace that He pours out on my mistakes and shortcomings. Either way - the goal is -- to see HIM. And to hopefully be inspired to journey well.

5 comments:

  1. Hurray! I love that you have decided to share this part of yourself with some who love you and thank you for including ME!!!
    I love the way you write AND your focus. It is so donna! I loved this line . . . Will I love well, live gently towards others, light the way for those stuck in darkness, and laugh enough? I must write that in my journal b/c it really reflects my heart too. In fact this year the focus God gave me is: love generously, live generously, give generously. Kind of reflects the same thoughts. I also loved what you said about no map in your hands but your hand in His. That is so very true about how he asks us to walk with Him. Can't wait to read more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. without a map in hand, but with my hand in His. great imagery!

    glad you're putting "pen to paper" in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I already see HIM in your preparation!
    I love you friend
    san

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious Donna! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on paper. You are a great writer and loved the blog. I couldn't help but think about Streams in the Desert when we are on the path of life...sometimes my friend calls out to me and has gone ahead of me but calls back to show me the way...sometimes, my friend has fallen behind me and I call out and show the way. Keep calling out, my friend! We all are on the journey, walking the Calvary Road and want to have the same ending with the Savior saying to us....
    Blessings on your trip! Let us see and feel what you see and feel through your writing. Love you my precious friend! By the way, I am proud to call you "my" friend! Our prayers go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.K. so I have never posted on a blog and it didn't work the first time... I love you sis and am so proud of you. Thanks for being real and emptied. Now...we will have faith that He will fill you with what you need for this trip. The one who spoke to the storm and said "be still" and the wind obeyed. I love you so much and am so proud of you. I will be praying and I expect you to feel it and I thank Him and praise Him in advance! Love you, Sis

    ReplyDelete